Employment Opportunities will be listed here whenever there is one.
Current Listing: Youth Director
First Baptist Church
2143 Judson Dr.
Dubuque, Iowa 52001
Phone: (563) 583-6289
Youth Director Posting – 12 April 2017
The primary purpose of the Youth Ministry at First Baptist Church is to introduce people to Christ, to disciple them in spiritual growth, and to train them in serving Christ with their life.
The Youth Director is vital to the overall educational mission of First Baptist Church by ensuring quality programs and mentoring for youth in grades 6-12. The role of the Youth Director is to build a sense of community within the youth of the church that provides an opportunity for both spiritual and social development. The Youth Director is an integral part of the staff and reports directly to the Senior Pastor and communicates with the Sunday School Superintendent and board.
The candidate must have:
• A personal commitment to Christ and Christian education and support the Core Values of First Baptist Church of Dubuque.
• Passion for inspiring youth and building relationships and a community of faith
• Experience leading groups of youth—experience as a community service leader or as a youth counselor is preferred.
• Strong organization, planning, and communication skills
• The candidate must also agree to the background checks as adopted by FBC.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
• Actively lead the youth program at FBC and provide guidance and teaching for its members
• Create a welcoming, fun, and enthusiastic environment for racially and ethnically diverse youth to connect with one another and grow in their faith.
• Work with the youth, their parents, Sunday School Superintendent, and volunteers to develop and publish a yearly plan with social, educational, spiritual, and/or mission oriented events.
• Communicate with the Evangelism and Missions Committee (E&M) to plan mission activities that encourages maximum involvement of the youth.
• Recruit and train adult mentors to participate in youth activities.
• Coordinate with volunteers to team-teach portions of the youth Sunday school class.
• Partner with the pastor to lead a new believers program that meets the learning goals of the Christian Education program.
• Coordinate with CE in developing and managing the annual budget as it relates to youth activities.
• Attend weekly staff meetings as directed by the Senior Pastor to communicate and connect Youth activities to the broader themes of the church.
• Attend monthly board meetings, development retreats, and 5-year plan sessions
• Build strong relationships with the youth and their families
o Grow the Youth program by proactively reaching out to youth within the church to assess their spiritual needs and encourage them to participate in the various ministries of FBC
o Establish and maintain supportive appropriate relationships with youth and their families (for example, attending events of importance in their lives).
o Connect the youth with the various interfaith opportunities in the area.
• Encourage growing levels of participation through strong marketing of the program
o Communicate in timely and effective ways with parents, youth and church staff.
o Provide communication and publicity for youth events through the web, social media, email, and monthly newsletter to inform the youth and their families and encourage church-wide support of the youth program.
• Flexible work schedule of 10 hours per week
• The starting salary is $5,000 per year, based on $10/hour for 50 weeks a year.
• No paid benefits at this time
• Mileage reimbursement is negotiable
• Paid attendance to the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit
If you are interested in this position, or would like additional information, call the church phone number listed at the top of the page and leave a message with your name and phone number, and someone will respond.